While most visitors plan a North Myrtle Beach vacation to spend all of their time frolicking in the beautiful sand and surf of the Atlantic Ocean others are drawn to the area by North Myrtle Beach sports tourism. In recent years the increasing number of facilities and events in the area has brought a great increase in the number of visitors due to North Myrtle Beach sports tourism. As these new visitors are discovering the beauty and excitement of North Myrtle Beach the community is falling in love with a new type of guest and ensuring that the area is tailored to suit all types of visitors.
If you and your family, or group, are making the trip to North Myrtle Beach for a sporting event you will find the area full of not only beach activities, but also many facilities specifically designed to cater to those who love sports. In an effort to make the area even more enticing for visitors, we have made a big investment in ensuring the best facilities to increase North Myrtle Beach Sports Tourism. This can only been seen as a wonderful benefit to those traveling to the area for just such an occasion. It doesn’t matter what type of event you are heading to, you will fall in love with the facilities and all of the fun and excitement that can be found in North Myrtle Beach.
If you are heading to North Myrtle Beach for baseball you will discover facilities to fit every need:
• Pelicans Ballpark: an amazing Class-A level field
• The Athletic Complex at Grand Park: featuring six lighted baseball/softball fields and four lighted Little League baseball fields
• Ripken Experience: a unique youth baseball complex featuring a total of eight diamonds
and a pre-game practice area
With a so many types of sporting events you will find a numerous of types of venues
• Myrtle Beach Convention Center: offers many different types of events each year, as does the nearby HTC Center.
• Coastal Carolina University: offers world class facilities for ball sports and track and field events.
• Pepper Geddings Recreation Center: offers a wonderful sporting complex with a 25 meter, six lane indoor pool, six lighted baseball/softball fields, and three multipurpose fields.
• Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium: newly built in 2009 and offers amazing track and field facilities.
• Socastee Park Recreation: which provides three amazing lighted soccer fields, a BMX track and a 45 lane archery range.
Of course the ocean and Intracoastal Waterways offer a wonderful natural environment for water based events.
In North Myrtle Beach, the construction of a brand new 160-acre complex is almost complete. The North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex is planned to open in early 2014. The National Collegiate Sports Invitational is scheduled to open the complex in March of 2014. In hopes of further increasing North Myrtle Beach sports tourism the community is currently considering also constructing a 90,000 square foot indoor facility as well.
• six baseball/softball fields
If North Myrtle Beach sports tourism brings you to the area, you and your group will have the perfect opportunity to enjoy the area to its fullest extent. You and your group will find an amazing North Myrtle Beach house rental or North Myrtle Beach condo to call your home away from home. With all of the wonderful facilities offered for North Myrtle Beach sports tourism the only thing you will need for the perfect trip to North Myrtle Beach is the perfect rental.
North Myrtle Beach offers:
• large oceanfront and off-ocean private homes
• Spacious condos ranging from 1 bedroom to 7 bedroom villas
• Townhouses that are perfect for groups
• Oceanfront high-rise resorts to accommodate the whole team
A vacation rental in North Myrtle Beach will provide you with the perfect escape where you and your group can relax after long days spent competing. No matter what types of North Myrtle Beach sports tourism event brings you to the area you and your group will fall in love with the area and strive to return year after year to the event.
Baseball tournament, triathlon or golf tournament, just to name a few, you will certainly find a spacious North Myrtle Beach condo rental or home rental to create the perfect environment to prepare for and relax in after your event. The time before, after and perhaps in between your event can be spent enjoying all of the exciting attractions in North Myrtle Beach. Relax on the beach, frolic in the waves, shop in quaint boutiques and dine in amazing restaurants. If you are lucky enough to head off for a North Myrtle Beach sports tourism event make your own event of it and enjoy every spare minute you get in this wonderful destination.